HOn30 Brick Yard train

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
Doing up an HOn30 train for Mark. His theme is based on a prototype that services a brick making factory. Here's the basic cars and engine at the start.

101_0787.jpg

101_0779-1.jpg

The engine got totally detailed out. It's in the paint shop now.

101_0800.jpg

The cars were completely weathered, loaded up and almost done. Still have to load the clay in the 14 hoppers.

101_0814.jpg

The engine doesn't seem to have any couplers and the ore cars use the european style hook and loop system.

What does the prototype use?

most of the prototypes use either a pin/pocket or some kind of hook/loop. only seen one that had a coupler on it.

Hey Wheeler, :)

Your critter is beautiful... and your work is as neat as a pin! :)

Do you know of any company who manufactures those really cool little ore cars in regular 1/87 HO scale. It would be neat to have some to go with my ingot buggies...
IMG_4663.png

Thanks,

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
id a search of "mine cars" on ebay. Came back with a bunch of small ones like these. Not sure you can get a 1/87 mine car that isn't 18" gauge or HOn30.

id a search of "mine cars" on ebay. Came back with a bunch of small ones like these. Not sure you can get a 1/87 mine car that isn't 18" gauge or HOn30.

I know. I've been searching and haven't been able to find any either because they obviously don't exist.

Thanks for looking. :)

Greg

I want a HOn30 locomotive to use as a load for a standard gauge flat car.

Tooter, theres one mine car for $13, a bunch for $24, and a loco + 10 car set for $100 on ebay. The cars are made by Roco and have pizza cutter flanges.

Well ALL the ROCO Narrow Gauge trains will run on Code 80 track as that is what ROCO, Peco, and Tillig sell. on top of that you can always use Atlas N scale Code 80 track and bury the ties in the weeds.

Tooter, theres one mine car for $13, a bunch for $24, and a loco + 10 car set for $100 on ebay. The cars are made by Roco and have pizza cutter flanges.

Thanks... but I'm looking for 1/87 scale mine cars that will run on HO track.

Wow!...:eek:
Ok Ok, MG... you convinced me to be happy with my homemade mini mining gondolas and shorty hoppers for about $7 each...

IMG_4554.jpg

Greg

Back