HO scale MTH dcc problem on a NCE system

Michrailfan

Hello all, I recently bought a MTH diesel locomotive with Proto sound 3.0, it worked totally fine on digitrax’s DCC system, but when I tried to run it on my clubs NCE system it did not work, would not read the decoder at all. Also, forgot to mention that it works on DC totally fine and I can hear sound. Any ideas on why it’s not working? (P.S I went through all the troubleshooting steps in the manual).

Oh yeah, same exact problems with me, to some extent. for example, I have no sound no lights no nothing, and no click like what this guy is saying. I also can’t read my decoder on the Broadway limited decoder reader. And help you out a bit. I’ve heard that MTH is pretty good at troubleshooting, try finding some manuals on the ACe
I'm having some problems with one of my MTH locos running on my NCE system as well,...
https://forum.mrhmag.com/post/mth-sd70ace-mikes-train-house-dcs-vs-dcc-12576490?pid=1334628041

Also, I saw you having trouble with the functions on your NCE controller, they should just be the labeled buttons on the controller. Are you using the procab?

Hallelujah !, I got it to run on DCC.

I ended up selecting that other default address '3333' that MTH used, then pressed and held the F3 key on my procab, and it turned on, with sound, and ran !!!

Hallelujah !, I got it to run on DCC.

I ended up selecting that other default address '3333' that MTH used, then pressed and held the F3 key on my procab, and it turned on, with sound, and ran !!!
I've been able to do this multiple times now. I have noticed a few peculiarities.
a) the engine can't be in motion when you are making any button pushes.
b) you need to have its address already set at MTH's default address of 3333.
c) then when you have it setting on the track, if you push #3 select button for only a short period, or only once, you can get the engine to run,...but no sound.
e) if you push and hold the #3 select button for a longer interval you will first get sound, then the engine running.

Back