HO sale cable

MRL SDP40-2XR

Just wondering if anyone makes HO scale cable like what's used in logging
(5/8" to 1" dia)? Im trying to model a present logging scene. Also does any body make a model logging tower yarder like what is used up here in the north west?

Use black or brown sewing thread. Make sure it is cotton and then melt a block of canning paraffin in an old pan set in boiling water. Drop the spool into the liquid paraffin for about 1/2 minute and remove. (Watch out! Its very hot.) Now the cotton thread has absorbed the paraffin and can be shaped and formed around pulleys, etc., or taunt for straight lines. Picked this up from my old wooden ship building days. ;)

Hi MRL: Welcome to the forum. That's a great tip from Rex. For wire cable, you might want to try very small picture hanging wire. That's what I used for these guard rails along a road.

P1030075.jpg

This is one of two identical threads started by the original poster. Since I supplied a suggestion on the other one, might as well do it here too. Get yourself some upholstery thread, comes in black, tan and another color I don't recall. No fuzzies like regular sewing thread, no need for special coatings or processes.

There is or was available some fine metal cable, I have some, but like picture hanging wire, is way too stiff for your intended purpose.

Back