Help Finding picture

SteveB&M

I am in the process of making plans to model the White River Junction area of the Boston and Maine RR....i would like to include the bridge that crosses the CT river to the east but having trouble finding one if there is any to begin with. Also does anyone know of kits to build the White River Junction Station. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Hi Neighbor and Bob
Ebay post cards will give you some good views. I tried google images and got white river instead. The card is curerntly on sale of the station if you want to see it. Station and Bridge 1913

They have the covered bridge and other neat buildings. I had 44 hits with "White River Junction post card"

Bob
Being ebay the pictures won't last.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found pleanty of pictures of the station, what i am looking for is a picture of the bridge that crosses the CT river to the east of the station...The post card one is great but i dont know if its the ct river bridge or not

On bridge
I found a picture from the bridge! on Amtrak. I think it is a two pier flat bridge. I checked google satellite. Looks flat no truss. I see your dilemma.

hmltonblue, that is in northampton ma, good find though great pic.....Dub, thanks for continuing to try, i have been looking for close to a week now and can only find pics of the bridge crossing the white river to the north of the station which was fine because i will need that as well, but i am from ct and would really like to include the ct river in the layout and the bridge

actually after looking at the picture Dub i think that is of the white river bridge from teh road bridge next to it....and based on the way the currant is flowing aroudn the peirs too

The only bridge I am aware of near WRJ that crosses the CT River is in Windsor, VT. Here is a bad pic of the bridge from a train.

DSC01873.png

A bit of history on the bridge. I cant magnify the picture.

Looks like 4 trestles/piers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back