hello to everyone

Woodstock

I'am a new member to the forum and hope to make some new friends and maybe get some help with my first HO layout in 25 years.:cool:

Welcome to the best and friendliest website for model railroading. Lots of talented folks here that are willing and able to help with just about anything. All you have to do is ask. You need to drop by Running Bear's Diner and catch up on some of the goings on. What era and railroad(s) are you interested in?

Welcome to the forum Woodstock. Like Bob says, come visit the Coffee Shop (Diner) and chit-chat with some of the members. Tell us a little more about your plans for the layout and someone will chime in.
Willie

Good morning and welcome aboard the forum. Welcome.gif If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We may be able to save you time and $$$. There is a lot of experienced model railroaders who aren't afraid to share what they have learned over the years.

Hi Woodstock, Glad to have you join us! Like Bob, Willie, LASM/David and Chet have said, as well as numerous other members, there is plenty of experience to go around on the forums here and all mentioned including myself David/Trussrod, are all very knowledgeable model railroaders with many years of experience and more than willing to help when we can.

This is a very friendly place so don't be shy and jump right into anything that suits you.

Being that this your first RR in 25 yrs., give us an idea of the Scale your considering modeling, the Road name/s and the time period your most interested in. The scale and space you have available will determine to a large extent what you do?

Again, welcome to the forum!

Thank all of you Gentlemen for such a warm welcome. I'am retired and have loved Electric Trains all my life. At age 10 I had a disagreement with my uncle Sal who had American Flyer and I had Lionel he also my GODFATHER. Were two Italian's from Brooklyn so if you guy's every need anything let me know. I'll make you an Offer You Can't Refuse….:cool:. I've started a small HO scale layout, L shape 12ft.x8ft. I'am not a Real Model RR person like most of you people are I just love making something from right out of my head.:rolleyes: Thank's once again guy's……..:cool:

Say Woodstock: Your welcome of course for our input, I think it's safe to peak for the othes.
Choosing a L shaped design layout to start with is a smart choice too my thinking. What gauge are you thinking of running?
HO is a nice medium size with the most equipment available, it's up to you. Getting something drawn out to scale can be a big help in determining what you can and can't do as far as a track plan in whatever scale your think of work with. In designing your track plan I'd suggest that you try to prevent having any tracks right along the edge of the table work so you can leave a little room for scenery to make it look more interesting and enjoyable to operate.

It should be interesting to see what you come up with.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums, Woodstock!! You'll really enjoy your time here. Don't be afraid to ask anyone if ever you get stuck - nobody here bites since Biting Francine was banned from the forums in 2012... just kidding. :p

Do you have any particular railroad you're looking at modelling?

Mitch

Back