Hello there from Spring TX.

Anialator2015

I'm a ho scale model railroader. My name is Jesus. I have been purchasing my collection over the past 4 years and hoping soon will have my own home to build a layout. I have 9 sd45/2 SD40-2/6 SD70ace all athearn brand.

Hi Jesus, Welcome to the forums, there are plenty of helpful folks here that can help you figure out most any situation you might come up against so feel free to ask any questions you may have, even if you don't quite know how to describe/explain it.

It sounds like you have or getting a fair fleet of Loco's built up. I mostly in steam and the only Diesels I have are the early AGEIR, Box Cab units by MDC/Roundhouse that are my track cleaners as they have two pads on each end that ride on the rail heads under spring tention to pick-up dirt & junk on their slightly abrasive surfaces. They do a great job too.

Be sure to drop by the ANPL Coffee Shop - Jefferys' Dinner and have a cup of coffee and Donut on me. Tell Flo or Francine to put it on my tab.

Hey Jesus, welcome to the forums, glad to have you onboard.

Stop by the coffee shop, we talk about all kinds of things (no politics or religion) we even talk about model railroads :)

Don't be a stranger.

many thanks everyone and will do's!!! I have a small project going on a athearn sd50 I purchased next to nothing and was wanting to upgrade the original trucks with the original ground to chassis type to a newer type HO Factory Direct Parts SD50 / 60 / 60i / 60 Timken Truck (1) - Athearn #G63913. Do I just ask here or where can I go and post a thread for this?

Untitled.jpgI know it will require drilling a precise hole as well as making sure its the right height and spacing between frame. juts want to know if anyone has done it already and if it would be worth doing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back