Hello, newbie and first post.

Paul_in_GA

This site was recommended by Cjcrescent to me today so I thought I'd join. Looks nice.

He drove all the way over here today to help with my first layout and man did I learn a lot. Thanks CJ! Very pleased with your knowledge and help.

Paul

Hello Paul and welcome aboard. You joined a great group of people with lots of knowledge and loads of fun as well. So feel free to jump in.

Welcome to the Forums, Paul. You'll find this is the best site around with the friendliest and most talented people you could ask for. I've checked out a lot of model railroading sites and even post on a couple of others but this one is tops, by far!

I would suggest that you subscribe to Model Railroad Hobbyist http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/. Its a free monthly magazine published on the internet with some good tips and articles.

Don't be a stranger.

Thanks Bob for mentioning that! I was going to tell Paul yesterday about it but we talked about so much, I guess I forgot.

Paul, this is a great bunch of folks over here, and you won't find any "grouches" as on another forum.

Welcome to the forums Paul!

What are your modeling interests? Are you working on a layout? No question is a dumb one; only the one you don't ask.

Carl, aka Otis

Pay no attention to the previous post. Chinese red on first and second generation diesels looks much better than that funny shade of yellow that Uncle Pete used on diesels, although those big clanky tea kettles are kinda neat to watch for a while.:D:p:p

bob i thought you werent allowed to post when your off your meds :p:p:p:p:p:p UNION PACIFIC TEA KETTLES ALL THE WAY :cool::cool:

I think that bright Florida sunshine is blinding you and keeping you from seeing things in their proper perspective! :D Way of the Zephyrs, forever!

Bob, how could you?! All this talk of the Q but not a word uttered about high short hoods!! :p Let's all take a moment to reflect...

highhoods1.jpg

Damn! Don't know why I even bother with other, non-high short hood locos. :confused: :D

Welcome to the forums by the way. I take it you know Cjcresent/Carey outside of the forums then? Or did he just rock up at your doorstep mumbling something about "4-6-0s" and insist on measuring your basement? (We've all been there :p)

You'll enjoy it here. About the only rule you need to know is post pics of everything!

Bob, how could you?! All this talk of the Q but not a word uttered about high short hoods!! :p Let's all take a moment to reflect...

highhoods1.jpg

Damn! Don't know why I even bother with other, non-high short hood locos. :confused: :D

Welcome to the forums by the way. I take it you know Cjcresent/Carey outside of the forums then? Or did he just rock up at your doorstep mumbling something about "4-6-0s" and insist on measuring your basement? (We've all been there :p)

You'll enjoy it here. About the only rule you need to know is post pics of everything!
ha ha ha bob i guess we both go schooled lol :p

See what I mean about clanky?:p As for short high hoods.........lets just say that I hold them in high esteem.:rolleyes: Green is no longer my favorite color, although it used to be.

How long can we go before formal charges of hijacking are filed? Sorry, Paul.

Back