Hello from a Newbe

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

glenng6

Based on Apple maps you may be in for quite the challenge. Looks like a place I would like to live, but I'm not sure there will be more than one, you, model railroader there. Good luck. Glenn

ctclibby

Welcome! Lots of BNSF there. UP is a little West of ya though. Good UP in the canyon from the 80/84 split toward Ogden. Have seen multiple trains every time I have been up/down that hiway segment. I actually want to get pix of the dam/power and area West of MM92 - Devils Gate. Has an OLD building and associated structures that could be interesting to selective model.

ScottB74

Welcome! Lots of BNSF there. UP is a little West of ya though. Good UP in the canyon from the 80/84 split toward Ogden. Have seen multiple trains every time I have been up/down that hiway segment. I actually want to get pix of the dam/power and area West of MM92 - Devils Gate. Has an OLD building and associated structures that could be interesting to selective model.
Green River is a crew change point for the Union Pacific with a large yard and engine servicing facility. My Son used to work there for the UP as a Carman in the Car Repair Shop. BNSF is quite a ways away from there.

ctclibby

Boy, I stand corrected! Street view using Google Maps does indeed show a bunch of Yellow! Now I need to find where BNSF comes back into play along I80 just for giggles and grins. Have never seen BNSF in the I84 canyon so I suspect there is no shared trackage. Still want pix of the Devils Gate dam and power building. Will get there again sometime this summer - hopefully.

ScottB74

Boy, I stand corrected! Street view using Google Maps does indeed show a bunch of Yellow! Now I need to find where BNSF comes back into play along I80 just for giggles and grins. Have never seen BNSF in the I84 canyon so I suspect there is no shared trackage. Still want pix of the Devils Gate dam and power building. Will get there again sometime this summer - hopefully.
The BNSF crosses I-80 (North to South) at Cheyenne, Wyoming. They go from their mainlines in Montana to the Coal fields of North Eastern Wyoming to Denver.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.