has NS released any of the heritage paint jobs

The only units left are the Ilinois Terminal and the DL&W, and they have to be released this week as the event at Spencer is next Tuesday and Wednesday. Theres gonna be one big power move for the units still at muncie over to spencer, that would be awesome to catch along the way.:cool:

Heres the IT unit:
9587.1340720059.jpg

And here she is the last of the heritage fleet, the Lackawanna:
3350.1340809052.jpg

NS will be using the SD70ACE 1030 to represent the current scheme, and she will be moved from Roanoke t Linwood along with the other es44's currently in service for a wash job. Most of the fleet is already placed out of service in anticipation of the events at Spencer.

ADDITION: the following is occuring right now:
Train: 961 (PA 26)

NS 1030
NS 8099
NS 8103
NS 8104
NS 8105
NS 8114
NS 8100

enroute to Linwood

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those real photos of real locomotives? Forgive me.....they look so amazing my brain starts wondering how they came to be that way. But seems they are being prepared for some event. They look awesome! Sorry if I didn't read the whole thing. Thanks for showing them.

Mike

Its only like a 4 mile run from the Linwood Yard to the Spencer museum. However, there is a huge roadwork going on I-85 along the rail lines. The NCDOT is replacing the Yadkin River bridge and realigning about 5 miles of interstate. There is miles of dirt exposed and its supposed to be in the 100s down here the next few days. IOW, there may be alot of dust in the air when they take those locos to Spencer. Even with the wash in Linwood, NS' appearance people are going to have their work cut out for them making them look spotless. Im sure theyll be perfect though.

Are those real photos of real locomotives? Forgive me.....they look so amazing my brain starts wondering how they came to be that way. But seems they are being prepared for some event. They look awesome! Sorry if I didn't read the whole thing. Thanks for showing them.

Mike

Yes Sir, a big event!! All 20 will be at the NC Transportation Museum on July 3rd and 4th for photos and foaming! Daytime and night sessions too! Can't wait.

http://www.nctrans.org/Events/NS-Heritage-Locomotives--A-Family-Portrait-July-3-.aspx

Wow I like the Green and Yellow IT one!

I know what you guys mean, they look like HO scale models, they are so clean!

Did you see the picture of all of the Heritage Units around the TT in Spencer on Rail Pictures.net?

The last time I posted a picture from RailPictures.net I got in all kinds of trouble from guys here on the Forum about Copyrights, that's why I'm real careful about posting pictures off of other web sites.:eek:

Well these are all copyright marked by NS Corp on the rrpics website and is listed on the bottom of every pic of theirs.:cool:

What an awesome site!

It truely looks like a model railroad. That roundhouse is badass looking.

The roundhouse is awesome, fully restored and operational too. If y ou have never been there, it is well worth the trip for any railfan!

I like how it looks like a model railroad. Those guys are really paying attention to detail. They might need some weathering though. :p

Mike

It's a very unreliable site as it relies on user reported sightings. Anyone can post fake information, so take it with a grain of salt.

Back