GML Enterprises has went out of business.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

chessie_system3

Found out this morning that GML Enterrpises has went out of business. I dont know if this is old news or not. I know it's new to me. I havent seen any mention of it anywhere. However I recieved an email first thing this morning from Marion Lewis that due to health issues they are unable to take orders. Also to be advised the GML Enterprises is out of business. Now their website is still up. This news sucks for me as I was originally going to order one of their throttles. I had seen nothing but good things about them and their slow speed control looked really good. It's sad news for us DC modelers for sure. I'll attach the copy of the email I recieved.
20210106_141231.jpg

chessie_system3

Hi Justin,

I hope he makes an attempt to let someone else take over. I really like my GML throttle with the walk around function. Makes for a very simple operation.

Dave
We can only hope. Aren't you the one who posted a video on their throttles? Had the real slow speed switchers running. Then a second portion for the install. Needless to say it was the video that sold me on them.

Ash Pit

I have been trying to get intouch with Gene, I have an RC-3 unit I wanted to send to him for repair. Will wait to see what transpires. I should have added that this unit is 25 years old and never given me a bit of trouble!

Last edited:

logandsawman

We can only hope. Aren't you the one who posted a video on their throttles? Had the real slow speed switchers running. Then a second portion for the install. Needless to say it was the video that sold me on them.

Thats right, I made the video with their throttle. Chet has one, too, and told me about them in the first place. I am glad I have mine!

Dave

chessie_system3

Dave- I remember Chet had told me about them when I was looking for a walk around throttle a few years back. He had advised me that they were pretty pricey. I mean their rover which is what I was going after was around $60 as a base price. I think I had one spec'd out at around $80. I stumbled on your video recently in an old thread and I was sold. I messaged them and well that's the response. So yeah kind of a bummer. I guess you can say that's how it goes sometimes.

chessie_system3

Well I guess its official. GML Enterprises website has been taken down. I had it bookmarked and accidentally went to the website on accident and all that shows is 403 forbidden.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.