Georgia Pacific Layout on Auction Kings

Well that's not too bad a price to pay I suppose.
Wonder what shipping costs were?

I figured it would go for a little more. I know it's old, but the main building alone is worth that. I suppose you have to want to use someone else layout and have the room to use it. I still don't see where it cost seventy grand to build though.

^i was thinking the same thing..75k?? but I guess if a giant corp like GP comissioned you to build a custom layout, you could charge them well over what it really cost.especially considering GP probably supplied all the lumber. we dont see the original power and rolling stock either..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's a lot bigger than that & I have about 5 grand tied up & that's w/all the rolling stock & engines.

2100 dollars sold and the bidder was from overseas. Intresting. It did have updates done though, I noticed it was upgraded to Digitrax DCC.

2100 dollars sold and the bidder was from overseas. Intresting. It did have updates done though, I noticed it was upgraded to Digitrax DCC.

Probably didn't originally have blocks for DC so going DCC ends up being the easier solution.

I could see starting with a large foundation like that being a real bonus. You get to start running trains right away, in a modestly scenic'ed layout, and you can make upgrades along the way.

Back