Freshest motive power on the GRV.

C

catt

Freshest motive power on the GVR.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards CEO of the ever expanding Grande Valley Railroad company released this picture today of the newly aquired and rebuilt C30-7Ms recently outshopped from the company's rebuilding division.

gvrtwin2.jpg

These two units have been completely rebuilt to Dash 9 standards and have completely new electrical systems installed.They will soon be joined by 4 more C30-7s and two Dash 8-40Bs and two B 23-7s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex,it's the same scheme as before just different colours.Burgandy and light grey instead of blue and yellow.Though I'll admit that it certainly does have an RI look to it that I didn't notice with the blue and yellow.

I think it will shake up the trainshow goers who by now are very used to seeing the old scheme. :D

I have no idea of what you two are talking about, but I do like the loco's and their paint jobs :D
Cheers Willis

Willis,at one point in their history the Rock Island used a red and yellow scheme very much like my Grande Valley units.

err! by jove I believe I got it.
doh2.gif

Yes I guess I was concentrating on the GVR logo and couldn't connect it with any of the roads mentioned. I have a couple of Tyco C430's in the Red and Yellow paint scheme that I got on eBay. They're not for running, just parts for kitbashing, the cabs will be used for Alco 630's, kind of a shame because I doubt anyone ever run them. BTW real nice work on the GVR loco's
Cheers Willis

Back