FORUM UPGRADES - COMPLETED (For real this time! I hope...)

And... That's a Wrap!

The DNS server has been updated. Since you can see this, the outage is over for you. How long it lasted will vary from person to person, depending on your web host. For me, it was amazingly fast, around 15 minutes. Maybe I was just lucky, but there's also a reason I use Network Solutions as my domain registrar.
Looks like the new loco on the new headline is jacked up in the rear. Are the rear drivers wide racing tires? Or is that just wide angle camera distortion. Panned shots are hard with a normal focal length lens.

Looks like the new loco on the new headline is jacked up in the rear. Are the rear drivers wide racing tires? Or is that just wide angle camera distortion. Panned shots are hard with a normal focal length lens.

I might tweak it a little but it's the way the track is at that point. There's a bit of a curve there, and maybe a grade too, that seems to be having an effect. If I make the locomotive "level", then the buildings and catenary supports are leaning to the right.

BH1_7843-Edit-3.jpg

Yep, it definitely hit a wall. But now it's mostly back to normal. Starting to wonder if there's a switch issue someplace.

Last edited:
Still seeing it, back in touch with Bluehost support. I do have a better idea of what may be causing it, but not having much luck yet.

We're back to lightning fast response or "you can't get there from here".

Bad news, maybe good news.

I broke it again. But... We know EXACTLY what the reason was. DNS issues. That's why you can't get here from there but when you do manage to get here, the place runs fast.

Now, let's hope Bluehost can resolve this, which is an accidental terrible pun.

The issue's been positively identified, it's a DNS thing. That's why it's so slow when you first open the page. But once you're here, it's still running nice and fast.

Last edited:
That's a big negatory there, Red Rider. I thought it might be something to do with my phone earlier. I turned off the company wifi, and went to cell data. No joy. I then got home, onto my desktop a few minutes ago, and again taking over a minute to load the forum. I couldn't quote post 54, "oops, the post doesn't exist". Each attempt took over a minute to get to the "oops" part. I tried 3x, this is the first try without attempting to quote.

It broke about an hour ago, and broke hard. Fortunately it stayed broke long enough for me to get online with Bluehost. I also knew where to look and what was the likely culprit. They cleaned things up, cleared the cache and now it's back to fast.

So, ironically, this proved that the previous issue was related to a the DNS problem. The only change I made was to update the dns on the bookstore website. Instantly it went from running flawlessly to the same issues as before.

Back