Flashing LED circuit?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

FSUDadof3

Depending on how electronic savvy you are, this would work. Just add a switch between the power source and the rest of the circuit.
1592918752697.png

JazzDad

Gandy Dancer
this one is off ebay, the kit [complete] is a buck [shipped] ..
I searched the Bay but couldn't find one. Please provide your search criteria, or a link.

Thanks to all. I need it in yellow. I knew someone would come up with a circuit involving the ubiquitous 555.

Patrick

It's been probably 25 years since I'd seen anything with the 555 timer....Funny that I was thinking the other day about that very circuit.

GeeTee

Digikey has the yellow ones T 1 3/4 for about $1 ,8,400 in stock I think they also have some T1 $3 ,3 min. T1 is probably what you want for roof flashers ? in HO ?
or https://www.ebay.com/itm/182766199927
There are loads of 555 timer / modules / kits / boards on ebay,
the link Rico provided also has yellow flashing LEDs ,

Keep in mind , Its hard to recommend an exact fit without knowing what the application is .

wvg_ca

looks very similar to the one I photographed, the capacitors might be a bit smaller, but not a big deal ...
the default rate was about 1 flash per second .. the price is a bit higher, but not much either ..

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.