Finally! It's here!!

ianacole

I preordered in October of 2009 (prepaid too), and after, obviously, many delays, I got a call from my LHS to come pick up my box...and it was a doozy, roughly 2'x2'x8":

IMAG0053-sm20.jpg

And what could possibly take up a box that size? Why it's...

finally...

here....

IMAG0054-sm20.jpg

Hooray!! My HO scale 130' DCC turntable is here!!! With all sorts of goodies inside:

IMAG0055-sm20.jpg

But, unfortunately, it's going to be a bit before I get to install and play with it. My train table is currently undergoing deconstruction to make way for a new table and layout. Here's the current working plan:

NewLayout.jpg

Very nice Ian!
I'm guessing that's the Walthers Coal Mine up there.
So the TT is controlled by DCC? From a throttle?

Rico,

You nailed it - that's the New River Mine. And yep, the TT can be controlled either by the control box in the bottom left corner of the open package, or by a DCC controller that has accessory functions.

Congrats!!! I should have preordered it, I need one for my extension room layout.

Now everybody is all sold out already. I hate these limited release preorders, it just drives me nuts. Specially with popular items.

Like if Walthers made more than their preorders, what they wouldn't be able to sell them? I think not!

Say Ian,
You waited two & half years, to get the turntable?? Man, you must have the patients of Joob, I give you credit for your patients!

Congrats!!! I should have preordered it, I need one for my extension room layout.

Now everybody is all sold out already. I hate these limited release preorders, it just drives me nuts. Specially with popular items.

Like if Walthers made more than their preorders, what they wouldn't be able to sell them? I think not!

Say Michael,
Is that a Walthers item or is it produced by Diamond Scale?

Ya, the pre-order thing is a bit iffy, especially considering the time Ian had to wait to get his!

Say Ian,
You waited two & half years, to get the turntable?? Man, you must have the patients of Joob, I give you credit for your patients!

My patience was helped a bit by the fact that the layout was coming along so slowly that I didn't immediately need it. I also got a significant deal through the pre-order from my LHS (Caboose Hobbies), which helped me commit to seeing it through, unlike the preorders for the MTH D&RGW PA/B locos and passenger cars, which I cancelled after their first delay.

Back