FINAL BNSF Scenic Sub track plan

Comment please, let me know if you would like to come and watch or operate in its first operating session this summer, Josh, and all of the other BNSF fans are extremely encouraged, this layout will have PLENTY of BNSF operations.

thanks
Austin

Wow, very nice... lots of passing sidings for meets!
Will you be adding industries along the way?
I almost went for the blob style curve but opted for a deeper isle for operators, now I want a bigger room.

yes, i will be adding industries along the way, im planning on having the grain facility that i already have on the layout plan, a large intermodal yard right by seattle yard, an amtrack station, a cheveron patroleum plant, and maybe a coal mine somewhere as well.

thanks
Austin

It will be a good railroad for operations once you get some revenue producers on there but why is the Wenatchee/Seattle yard so huge? Why not two smaller yards with some scenery for transition in between? You've got almost half the square footage of the layout used up by yard trackage. Do you really need that much capacity?

UP, i have the long yard tracks because i run 20 foot trains, and the three tracks nearest the wall are staging.

thanks
Austin

Zak,

of the around the walls L brackets on and about 1/2 the pininsula done. I am planning on finishing up the pininsula and getting the plywood laid this weekend, thats if i have time. You see, i belong to a crew of operators and we operate on each others layout. And tomorrow im going to operate on a modern day Cajon Pass layout, it takes up a 3 car garage and it double decked, So if i have time this weekend ill get it done and post some pictures for you. Then the weekend after that im going to lay the track. Then weekend after that get it wired, then you can come over and well just operate trains on our own. Bring a few of those locomotives :). Im going to need some for us to operate, i only have 8 locomotives, and none of them are switchers, so bring what ever DCC engines you have.

I will probably have a few other friends over at the time, so we will have a full on operating session. I sent you a PM describing more about this.

thanks
Austin

Ah, 20 foot trains. Let's see, my longest tangent is 12 feet and my total mainline trackage is 36 feet so I guess I could run a 20 foot train...except my longest passing siding is 8 feet and my yard capacity is an astounding 14 cars if I foul the lead to the engine house....never mind, carry on with what you were doing. :)

Austin, I think it looks like a great plan. Your going to have to keep us up to speed with construction pictures and whatnot.

Oh and Id love to come out, but ya'll will have to chip in for a plane ticket.. im a poor ole truck driver.

well if you can masure are welcome to come down. i will keep you posted, and will let you know on the dates of the op.

thanks
Austin

Back