I am amazed at the outcome of this process and hope it is helpful to
your modeling.

mogul_in_grass.jpg

Faux fur high grass and low grass on the hill with an On30 Bachmann Mogul

ho_balsa.JPG

HO figure with faux fur low grass

Squeaking my wheel & Blowing my horn :eek:
Harold

And here's a virtual pat-on-the-back for you, Sir. :) You have every reason to blow your horn. I can imagine that your article will bring a lot of, "Oh Wow! What a great idea!" responses. Well done!!!

How does grass look in HO

Someone asked how well the faux fur looks in HO. Here is a closeup of the faux fur low grass with a HO Preiser figure.

ho_figure.JPG

Hope that helps :D
Harold

I read your article the other day and I'd like to compliment you! You provided a lot of good information...too bad I don't have any place for a layout :( . If I ever get around to building a module, I'll definitely be referring back to the article for the bushes you made...they look awesome!!

Actually I think the bush part is the neatest thing to come out of my faux fur experience. They are the best looking bushes I have ever seen :eek:. They have a see thru quality that I have been trying to get but was unable in every other method. Sure beats those cotton ball and lichen bushes :rolleyes: . The ones in the picture are the early experiments, the later ones are much better :D .

Just a thought
Harold

Back