EZ Track

Larry Creel

Gulf-Atlantic-Pacific
Could someone that is running EZ Track give me a width measurement of the track w/roadbed & the height of a loaded coal car sitting on the rail, Please. I'm scratch building a Lego Coal Loading structure & I need these measurements in inches. This is H.O. Scale. I don't have any of my track on hand right now. My building is coming along ok, not fast, but ok. Thanks.

You're going to get variation of about +/- 0.25" due to the measurements, decisions made to make cars tow and stay coupled, etc, tooling, wheelset choices, dimensions, construction, and mounting of trucks, and so on...

EZ-Track is 5/8" high from base-bottom-edge to the bearing surface of the rails if the rails are Code 100. I just measured a Trix GG1 electric motor to be 2.25" high at the top of the cab roof. I didn't include the pantograph. Hoppers would not be as tall, but their coal loads might, and I have none close to me.

You're going to get variation of about +/- 0.25" due to the measurements, decisions made to make cars tow and stay coupled, etc, tooling, wheelset choices, dimensions, construction, and mounting of trucks, and so on...

EZ-Track is 5/8" high from base-bottom-edge to the bearing surface of the rails if the rails are Code 100. I just measured a Trix GG1 electric motor to be 2.25" high at the top of the cab roof. I didn't include the pantograph. Hoppers would not be as tall, but their coal loads might, and I have none close to me.
Thanks for the measurements. I have enough room for the coal cars then. I raised the ceiling inside the coal shute by one Lego Block & widened the opening. Pleny of room now. Thanks again.

I don't have any ez-track but I do have coal hopper cars
The measurement of a BLI Norfolk & Western car from wheel tread to top of coal is 1.7 inches.
So add this to the 5/8" ( 0.625") as advised by Selector then you get 2.325 " total.

Back