Excellent Ideas for New Layout Construction

beiland

Anyone considering the construction of a new layout should have a look at the ideas and photos that this fellow Jeff is building. I've given a link to page 2 of his postings #26 to #48
https://forum.mrhmag.com/post/manifest-destiny-part-2-12217490?&trail=50

WOW Jeff,
I really like a lot of your construction, 'full scale' track planing vs computer, lighting, weathering and ballasting tracks, etc. GOOD JOB

You might also look at his beginnings, #1 to #26

for example...
D7D39F0.jpeg

42376EE.jpeg

(I'm sorry to lead some folks off to another forum, but the material presented here is just too informative and presented in a simple form)

Well worth the visit, got some ideas that would work for me, and also realised what and how I'd got stuff wrong while building mine.

There were a lot of good tips and alternative ideas in those 2 discussions I referenced. And there were too many photos accompanying the discussions to try and replicate over.

When someone is looking for ideas they should NOT just limit themselves to one source,....that's like getting your news from all one source.

There were a lot of good tips and alternative ideas in those 2 discussions I referenced. And there were too many photos accompanying the discussions to try and replicate over.

When someone is looking for ideas they should NOT just limit themselves to one source,....that's like getting your news from all one source.
I checked out the thread due to curiosity.

I did not want to attach anything to my walls. In 20 or 30 years, someone will probably be taking down my layout, maybe me, I do not want to make their job any harder than it has to be.

As soon as I see anything screwed to a wall. I know there is nothing for me of interest.

However, Others may find it useful!!!

Dave LASM

Back