Even more confused about DCC

I picked up one from trainland for $49.99, ordered it Saturday and got it today. Mine is a lease unit, not a demo though. Its from the first run sd70's, in that no detail parts are applied, making it a prime candidate for painting. But, to dcc this unit, I'll have to change the entire light board out with a TCS A6X, so no big loss.:cool:

trainland as in trainworld in NY? If so then im ordering from them instead. I emailed the guy on ebay and asked if he'd sell 3 of them off ebay for $130 + shipping. said he'd make more in the auction, even though i've seen them not sell. oh well his loss.

now for the circuit board. is it harder to swap in a NCE board since this is not a dcc board in it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trainland/trainworld of brooklyn/ long island. You'll have to call them and ask for the Athearn G6110 for $49.99. the 6110 is actually the IC sd70 but the only ones they have avail for that price are the EMD lease units, un-numbered. But still, a new Genesis SD70M for $50, cant beat it.:cool:

And the reason I would use a TCS A6X for the replacement of the motor/light control board is that the A6X has built in voltage regulator to control the 1.5v bulbs in the Genesis units, so no resistors required.;)
You can get it from DCCroundhouse for $23 plus $3 shipping there
DCCroundhouse A6X

Trainland/trainworld of brooklyn/ long island. You'll have to call them and ask for the Athearn G6110 for $49.99. the 6110 is actually the IC sd70 but the only ones they have avail for that price are the EMD lease units, un-numbered. But still, a new Genesis SD70M for $50, cant beat it.:cool:

And the reason I would use a TCS A6X for the replacement of the motor/light control board is that the A6X has built in voltage regulator to control the 1.5v bulbs in the Genesis units, so no resistors required.;)
You can get it from DCCroundhouse for $23 plus $3 shipping there
DCCroundhouse A6X

do you think they'de do a deal for 3 or no? i emailed another ebayer who does have 3 and will sell 3 for $150+11 shipping. i may email him and see if he'll do $145 shipped.

Back