Drop feeders

NG , from what I gather here that everyone is saying , the chance of developing electrical issues is in the rail joints themselves . If that is the case then would it not be better to solder the feeders to the rails rather than the track joiners? An electric guy I am not , but I think that is the jist of what is being said.

None of my hundreds of feet of track is currently soldered, I am very extra careful to make sure the 'fishplates' or joins are tight and well seated on each rail. I have these "on deck".
WIN_20160129_082037.JPGAtlas makes em and I have not actually used any yet! The wire is 18 ga and are each two feet long. I'm going to be using them this summer in the new track plan. If these ever get soldered it will just be a fine bead along the top edge(of the fishplate not the rail!) connecting the two pieces of rail along the side. As far from the drop wire as possible. ONLY if I'm having difficulties at that point. Solder will be my 'final fix' rather than an established construction 'technique'. I'm still an entire build and tear down away from STARTING a "permanent" layout!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back