Ditch Lights

macjet

I'm installing Athearn Genesis SD70 ditch lights onto my P2K SD60. It is equipped with a Digitrax DH165LO decoder. Do I wire these lights to a function output? Do I need a resistor?

They look great! Photo coming. Now I need to know how to wire them.

As long as it has a Digitrax decoder in it, it will need resistors. And yes, you do put one light one one extra function and one on the other. use the F2 and F3 functions for the ditch lights.

the athearn sd70 ditch lights, do they come with the housing or is it just the bulbs? i need to order like 10 pair.

I don't mean to change the subject here, but while one of you have a set of the bulbs out, can you give me a measurement in mm, the diameter, please? LOL, I have nothing to measure them with here and need to order some bulbs for other locos myself. I believe they are .75mm or 1.2 mm diameter bulbs, but not certain. I would like to find some 12-14v bulbs of the same size so I can use them with those digitrax decoders, instead of using resistors.:cool:

johs, do you know both part #'s? i've searched on horizon in the past and only found 1 part #/set on there site.

Back