Digitrax throttle

new engine on track powered up dcs51 / pluged in cable to the dt602 / hit power button on dt602 no screen light up . touched cable connection into the dt602 then it lit up . stole the engine and advanced throttle engine proceeded to run around track and stopped 5 times going around . shut down throttle and ran with the dcs . engine did not hiccup once , no issues at all all three loops again . the cable ? ( the issue trying to turn on the dt602 . im going to try digitax help desk . could i try a phone cable that i have ?
mike
Oh! that's annoying, but at least you've narrowed the problem down.

It may not be the cable could be a loose wire in the dt602 socket, I wouldn't suggest trying another cable till you hear back from them, just in case using another cable makes it worse.

Weird thing is the dt602 would say % of power as if I went from 25 % to 30% and train would move again but the stop somewhere else on track until i move throttle again .. Dcs51 was constant no matter where I left speed handle , crawling along it would crawl all the way around layout .

Weird thing is the dt602 would say % of power as if I went from 25 % to 30% and train would move again but the stop somewhere else on track until i move throttle again .. Dcs51 was constant no matter where I left speed handle , crawling along it would crawl all the way around layout .
That's why I'm thinking there's a problem with the dt602, either cable/socket or internal.

If you used the steal button , the loco address will still be selected on the dcs51 and you will get situation. Be sure to dispatch/or release the adress from the DCS 51. I hope this helps. Jon

Back