Digitrax help sought.

I am sure whether my first attempt to post this worked or not...
My Digitrax system for some reason doesn't seem to be functioning properly suddenly. The lights are all on, on the front of the Digitrax controller, but I do not seem to be getting any power to the tracks any more. The system used to work as I have run my trains in the past, but it has been a while since running trains and now there is no power to the tracks. Does anyone with any experience with Digitrax have a similar problem and can help me out? Any suggestions please would be greatly appreciated. I will start reading through the four manuals that came with my system and controller.

Before we can help you, we need to know which system you have, and what, if any, hand held units you are using.
On any of them, the first thing to make sure of is if the track power is on. That is usually either a pilot light or a dot on an LCD screen.

Hi, I have the following Digitrax items connected: DCS100, UP5, UR91, PS515, & DT402R. When I turn the power on using the DT402R I do get the power on dot on the LED screen on the DT402R. There is one thing I have noticed though, and that is regardless of what setting it is on, the red LED light on the DCS100 where it says "Sleep", is always on. I have the power plugged into a power strip and when I want to run trains, I merely turn the power strip on. This is what I have done since the beginning. It is only recently that nothing seems to work on the rails. The bumper lights don't come on and when I do the "quarter" test, by laying a piece of metal across the rails, I do not get the short circuit signal. I know there is power getting to the DCS100 because there are all kinds of red and green LED lights all lit up. I don't know what is going on, or not going on and don't have the experience to know what to do. I have tried to follow the directions in the manual, yet nothing seems to work on the track.

Hi, After one more try, I could hear a slight beeping noise coming from the back of my layout. After pursuing this sound I discovered that somehow the track power was bleeding through into the table top motor I was using. I disconnected this turnout from the layout, everything works fine. I just need to purchase a new left hand turnout to replace this bad one. Thanks.

That will certainly give ya problems. Glad ya got it fixed and now ya have a bit of troubleshooting experience.

Back