Diesel Fueling & Sanding Facility

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

beiland

I've started laying track on my mail deck. Combining it with assemble of 'groups of turnouts' so as to maintain their close spacial relationships. Turns out I have also been able to substitute a larger size Pecos in place of my original plan,....all good as it opens up the radi of those turnouts from small to medium, and medium to large.

I've also located a possible alternative location for my sanding and fueling structure,..

Those pieces are just a portion of a plastic structure I have for that facility. I'm not even sure I have the entire structure.

Does anyone recognize what that structure kit might be??

beiland

Mistaken Identity,...so what might I have?

I think I may have made a mistake about the identity of 'my kit'?
When I looked again at the diamond scale site I read this,...

"Our kit includes a Hydrocal cast platform directly mounted to a wood composition base, and is designed to be installed from beneath your layout The platform features two parallel pits with steps, and has been designed for laying rail without ties on the ledges above each pit. The pits were lighted by fluorescent lights immediately below the tracks. Our pit has been cast to receive grain of rice bulbs (not included in kit) should you desire to install lighting in your pit."

My platforms are NOT cast plaster, and do not have pits in them, ....Rather my concrete pads are plastic,...

So what might I have ??

beiland

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.