Did I get a good deal?

Good Deal on that one but I just hate it when they won't even remove it from the plastic to take a picture.
Always make me think their trying to hide sumthin' :D

It sure seems like a good deal but I would have been a lot happier to see detail photos with the engine out of the plastic. Hopefully, it's as described. If so, you got a great deal because the seller was too lazy to do some decent listing photos.

Guys I have a few OMI items that I bought in the nineties and the last OMI I bought was a DRGW SW1200 for 650.00 so I have retired from brass with the exception of cabooses and MOW items the prices are way out there now especially with the quality of the plastic models for a whole lot less cash. But when I can pick up a OMI model of a prototype I want for a good price I will snatch it up. But yes I am a little leary that the photos were of a wrapped unit. I will post photos of it if you are interested upon its arrival. Thanks for the comments.

Dave

I have talked to people that have "raw brass" stuff, and they say they don't want to unwrap or handle the stuff because the oils and dirt on their fingers can cause tarnish in fingerprint patterns. I would think there would be a way to do this, like rubber gloves, but who am I to argue? If the guy selling the above GP60 was happy with only getting a fraction of the value for the engine because he didn't want to unwrap it, and the buyer ends up getting a good piece of brass for a very reasonable price, then all is good.

Back