DCC purchase

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
I'm looking into buying my DCC system. I've done my homework and I like the Lenz Set-100.

I will also be purchasing extra equipment like a RRampmeter and PC interface. So far, I have found that Tony's Trains seems to have the best prices on DCC as well as the expertise to support it. They are $200 cheaper than the cheapest Canadian dealer!!:eek:

Is TT a good dealer to do business with and do they have the best prices?

I have purchased goods from Tony's for many years, and I have been extremely pleased with his service and support. I can't say whether Tony's is the least expensive vendor, though his prices seem quite good.

No relationship other than as a completely satisfied customer.

I agree with Bob, Tony's not only has near best to best prices, but the service in tech support and shipping is excellent. I don't even want to add up how much I have bought from TT, but a lot.:)

I agree with Rex and Bob, Tonys is a world-class DCC shop.

However... I notice you're in Canada. I would call Tonys first to verify what carrier they are using to ship the merchandise, because if it's anybody other than the U.S. Postal Service, you'll get hit with a bogus $40 "brokerage" fee - which would be large enough to negate any savings you might otherwise have enjoyed!:eek:

If they're like many U.S. distributors who only use UPS or FedEx, I'd avoid them and go with someone who will ship via USPS. (Litchfield Station comes to mind...)

Ken,

Yes that's something I always check for. If they won't ship USPS to here, I'll have it sent to my sister in Texas. We plan on going down this winter to escape the Great White North for a while :D

Thanks for the heads up on Lichtfield Station. I'll check out their prices. I see they have free shipping within the US for orders over $75.

these fee and taxe are a shame.. arent we suppose to have a free trade agreement ???

just bought a digitrax super empire builder xtra for 250$ US, + 25$ shipping, ending as 295$Can, still the customs will charge me 13% taxes on the 250$

Last edited by a moderator:
these fee and taxe are a shame.. arent we suppose to have a free trade agreement ???

just bought a digitrax super empire builder xtra for 250$ US, + 25$ shipping, ending as 295$Can, still the customs will charge me 13% taxes on the 250$

The fees you mention have nothing to do with free trade. The $25 is a courier shipping charge and 13% is the tax that you would pay on buying anything up here.

Free trade means that there is no duty on anything imported from the US as long as it's made in the US.

Crandell, Lichtfield Station's prices are slightly cheaper than Tony's resulting in a whopping $300 savings from buying it here. And you wonder why most of us Canucks are pissed off at the cost of things up here compared to the US!!

I say, let's merge our two countries to create one great big power house of a nation with low prices and warm temperatures for all!!! We'll call it Canusa (pronounced Canoosa) :D:D:D

The fees you mention have nothing to do with free trade. The $25 is a courier shipping charge and 13% is the tax that you would pay on buying anything up here.

Free trade means that there is no duty on anything imported from the US as long as it's made in the US.

Crandell, Lichtfield Station's prices are slightly cheaper than Tony's resulting in a whopping $300 savings from buying it here. And you wonder why most of us Canucks are pissed off at the cost of things up here compared to the US!!

I say, let's merge our two countries to create one great big power house of a nation with low prices and warm temperatures for all!!! We'll call it Canusa (pronounced Canoosa) :D:D:D

yeah anyway, it would have been 340$can + taxe if bought to the local hobby shop,so im happy

Back