CSS Help Needed...

I'm certainly not an expert, but I've played around with them a little on my site. I suppose this could be worth a shot:

Is the location of the CSS hard coded in the templates? It looks like your custom stuff at the top is fine, but the standard Photopost templates aren't calling the CSS correctly.

Check these to see if these:
menubar.tmpl
feature.tmpl
searchbox.tmpl
categories.tmpl
indexstats.tmpl

Are calling this CSS file:
Code:
http://www.steamrailroadphotos.com/photopost/stylesheets/vb.css

You didn't by any chance change the directory of the photo gallery did you?

Both photo gallery are identical, as near as I can tell. They use the same tmpl files, I even uploaded them from the same archive. All I changed was my gallery license info and database info.

As for the templates not calling the CSS, now I'm confused... I thought once you call it once, at the top of the page, that applies to the whole page? You mean each section can call a different CSS style sheet? It's way too confusing for me...

As for the templates not calling the CSS, now I'm confused... I thought once you call it once, at the top of the page, that applies to the whole page?
Well, that's what I thought too, but it doesn't seem to be working. Hence the "I suppose this could be worth a shot." :confused:

The CSS files themselves are identical, but I'm not sure where to find the .tmpl files. It shouldn't matter though, since you have clones.

I'm dealing with the same type of thing on my site (it's basically a series of over 100 different .tpl files nested in tables). It's amazing what one missing } can do :eek:

I'll take another look a little later. In the meantime, you might like this article I read a few weeks ago in PCMag: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1987181,00.asp

It's something to do with the templates or some other config. They're using different classes for the same thing, but I don't know why.

I've got more important stuff to worry about, this will have to wait.

Back