CSME Layout Tour Part #2

funnelfan

This is the continuation of the tour I first posted nearly a year ago. The first part is here;

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16603

This part of the tour will cover the newer part of the layout constructed in the former lobby area of the former gas station that the club occupies. This part of the layout feature the main passenger and locomotive facilities at Cascade, the main classification yard at Willamette, and the Port Industries at Toldeo. There is a reverse loop and a staging yard under the Toledo area of the layout.

1. Overall view of the room

2. Map of the layout in this part of the room

This is the Engine facilities at Cascade Terminal

3. The diesel shop and service area. The tracks under the bridge in the background are the mainlines to the main part of the layout.

4. The turntable and roundhouse. The roof of the roundhouse was temporarily removed for work on the interior lighting.

5. The steam locomotive service area plus a few trains for the kids.

6. The backside of the shops is also a MOW base where heavy equipment is stored.

Cascade Terminal with Passenger platforms, a ice dock, and some large industries.

7. Head on view of terminal. Track at far left returns to the main room as part of a reverse loop.

8. Control panel for passenger terminal. The turnout controls on this panel and others in this room are air operated. A small air pump powers the turnout controls through a system of air tubes.

9. Passenger platforms and ice dock, not to mention Otto Circus Supply.

10. Passenger Terminal building.

Willamette is the main classification yard on the layout.

11. The engine service facility at Willamette. The freighthouse is in the background.

12. Caboose track at the west end of the yard. Track through wall in background goes to the upper level of the layout in the main room.

13. The yard.

14. The yard terminal building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now comes Dawson, the sawmill part of the layout.

15. A small cramped former intermodal facility is now a lumber reload.

16. A Rick Franklin work train. Rick Franklin is a local rail contractor based in Lebanon, OR.

17. Borge Lumber Co sawmill complex.

18. another view.

Leaving the sawmill at Dawson and entering the Port of Toledo.

19. The loop of track around Dawson connects Willamette to Cascade.

20. Overall view of the port.

21. A importer.

22. A Cement bagging company.

23. Grain export Elevator.

24. The wye.

25. Other industries at the port.

26. a dilapidated ore dock used to store some old cabooses.

That is one incredible layout. Where is it located again? I would love to see my 2 custom painted Lehigh Valley SD90Mac's running on it.

Very nice. I need to get up there someday and see the layout.

Who did the Rick Franklin unit? Those engines have been on my to do list for a few years but no one makes the decals for it and I have too many other projects I need to finish before I have custom decals made.

OMG!!! I'm simply aw struck. That is an absolutely stunning layout!

My favorite scene was the logging operation, reminded me of a show called Ax Men on the History Channel.

How long did it take to build?

OMG!!! I'm simply aw struck. That is an absolutely stunning layout!

My favorite scene was the logging operation, reminded me of a show called Ax Men on the History Channel.

How long did it take to build?

The layout has been around since the 1970's I believe.

Very nice. I need to get up there someday and see the layout.

Who did the Rick Franklin unit? Those engines have been on my to do list for a few years but no one makes the decals for it and I have too many other projects I need to finish before I have custom decals made.

I believe Andy Epperly made the custom decals for that unit. He's made custom decals for many specialty cars and locomotives on the Oregon shortlines.

Back