Con-Cor, Walthers brands and radius question

MercerMike

Hello all and Happy New Year, I bought a Walther's Catalog for N gauge and was somewhat disappointed in brands such as Athearn was not in it, However, this leads to my next question, Looking for opinions on Walther's, Con-Cor and Fox Valley N gauge cars, especially passenger cars . Also, what would be the minimum radius to run a set of 6 streamline passenger cars on..On a good note, I think for me anyhow!!!, going over shortly to get my building materials and start layout, I have a 4 day weekend and now is the time!!!....Again, many thanks to all who have helped me out, I really do appreciate it...Mike

Here's my thoughts..First I'm a freight only modeler so I'm thinking along the lines of long wheel base freight cars like 86' pig flats and boxcars which equals full length passenger cars..

For full length passenger cars I wouldn't want to go less then 14" and IMHO that is still a little tight.

Hello all and Happy New Year, I bought a Walther's Catalog for N gauge and was somewhat disappointed in brands such as Athearn was not in it, However, this leads to my next question, Looking for opinions on Walther's, Con-Cor and Fox Valley N gauge cars, especially passenger cars . Also, what would be the minimum radius to run a set of 6 streamline passenger cars on..On a good note, I think for me anyhow!!!, going over shortly to get my building materials and start layout, I have a 4 day weekend and now is the time!!!....Again, many thanks to all who have helped me out, I really do appreciate it...Mike
I paid $15 for a 2012 walthers N scale catalog two weeks ago at my local hobby shop. The shop owner whom I like, told me it was "the bible" of available N scale trains and layout gear.

Was not impressed when I discovered zero intermountain nor microtrains locomotives and others I wanted to see and learn about. It's a good catalog though far from complete.

The reason there is no Athearn is because Walthers does not carry Athearn... Athearn is ownded by Horizon Hobby now (well has been for a few years now) and Walthers and Horizon are arch rivals with one another

Back