Common practice to dim headlight

NYC_George

Common practice on railroads is to dim your headlight when another train passes in the opposite direction. Do any modelers or train clubs practice this? I was thinking that when I start having a computer control the railroad, on have people over days. I'll start doing it.

NYC_George

Common practice on railroads is to dim your headlight when another train passes in the opposite direction. Do any modelers or train clubs practice this? I was thinking that when I start having a computer control the railroad, on have people over days. I'll start doing it.

NYC_George

Most Decoders have instruction about what is called Rule17. It will explain how to go about setting up dimming your headlights.

Bob

Almost all of my DCC locomotives have rule 17 built in. As soon as the engine comes to a stop, headlight goes to dim. The exceptions are the Bachamann DCC equipped units, where you have to use F0 to dim the headlight. I would really prefer this for all my locomotives. There are times when the train is stopped on the mailine or working a siding that I'd like to keep the hedlight on at full brightness.

Back