Combine DCC and Selectrix

haddorf

Who can help me ?
In our Model RR Club (N-Scale Modules) we have memebers who use DCC and those who use Selectrix. Is there a way to combine the systems and let engines of both systems run on the same layout ?

We would prefer to let the Selectrix engines run under DCC (Roco Lok Maus) since the control panels are less expensive.

Thanks in advance !

is selectrix DC power? im not fimmilar with that name?

at our club we can run DC and DCC engines on the same layout by using block control.

we have 6 cabs 1-5 are for DC operation and cab 6 is reserved for DCC. this way everyone can enjoy the layout. Hope this kind of answers your question

Trent

Selectrix is a really neat command control system. It was developed in Germany for Trix and is a much more advanced system than North American DCC. Unfortunately, it uses a completely different set of computer chips, decoders, and command system than DCC and the two are mutually incompatible. There have been discussion about modifying Selectrix to emulate DCC nit, as far as I know, that hasn't yet been done.

DCC and Selectrix

Thanks Imackattack and UP2CSX.

You gave me the answers I was afraid to get. Seems we have to find a compromise in our club.

Merry Christmas

Well, I guess something came out of those discussion after all. :) Both the ESU and Intellibox have problems with some DCC decoders and neeed to have CV29 set so the decoder does not recognize DC at all. Still, looks like a possible solution for the club. Of course, neither one of these units gave a price. :eek:

Back