Clinton Central Model Railroad

DJ Orion NS5426

NS & Conrail
The Clinton Central Model Railroad Club is located in Castanea, Pennsylvania, just outside of Lock Haven. Our club is housed in an 1884 New York Central train station. Our layout is in the old freight room, which is about 28ft by 40ft.
If you look straight down at the DCC layout from above, it looks like a capital E or capital M, depending on how you look at it. Basically it is divided into three main "peninsulas." We currently have over 1200 feet of track.

In the past few months we have been doing major scenery work to the first peninsula.

For more information and directions to the club, check out our website:
http://www.ccmrr.org/

Here are some photos from 7/6/2010 of the first peninsula:

Here is an overview of the layout taken over a year ago:
layoutwide.jpg

This is the New York Central station which houses the club. That fake water tower next to the building was built by the Clinton County Historical Society and is intended to serve as an information kiosk once they turn the old RR right-of-way into rails-to-trails:

For more photos of the club, check out my flickr set @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffschroeder/sets/72157616402715550/with/4562365662/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. All of the scenery work pretty much was done by me and two other people and in the beginning, we had no idea what we were doing haha. Now I'm ready to start my own layout because I know some great techniques for scenery.

We don't have regular running sessions, but we meet every Tuesday night and run whatever we want. We really don't have a destination yet. We have a coal facility, but other than that there isn't much to run back and forth. We're thinking of different places to build, such as a factory and another passenger station, so we can classify a train and serve the location.

Thats a pretty nice looking layout! And lots of room for trains to stretch on :D

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures in the future

We can run some pretty long trains around the mainline. It's fun. If you want to see the progression of the scenery work, check out the flickr page. It's amazing to see what just a few months can do to a layout.

Here are some more photos from the past few months.

Recently completed scrapyard:

The main station:

Recently completed memorial park:

Back when plaster was dominating the layout. This was actually some of the most recent plaster work that was done. This is where the station sits:

This was taken in April. Compare this to what is posted above, and you'll see how much was done in a little over 2 months:

We had to clean up and put the structures back on the layout for an NMRA open house. We are enjoying the layout right now because we couldn't do any running during the scenery work, but we plan to get back to work in the next couple weeks.

Back