Christmas tree train spiral

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Pedro

Hello everyone I'm Pedro from Portugal and I'm completely new to this hobby just know the gauges and some brands.
Since I was a kid always admired this hobby but my parents didn't have the budget for it so now after my first newborn son I really wanted to make a train climbing the Christmas tree but there is a lot of information and I was hoping that you guys could help me out.
First i was checking on Ho gauges but the minimum turn radius it's to high so I passed to N gauge, but now don't know which track brand should I buy i checked atlas code 55 tracks because they have a lot of curves sizes, so can someone help me out with tracks and steam locomotives for my project thanks in advance to everyone
received_3327519264043040.jpeg

Rico

BN Modeller
Yup going up is one thing, getting back down is another.
Well unless you run an rdc or trolley I suppose, still supporting it will be challenging.

Pedro

So for the tracks i went for Peco code 55 sl-300f, 34 pieces, for the locomotives i went for dcc Graham farinha 372-400 class J39 0-60 t.
The tracks elevation is 4 degrees hope the train can go all the way
20201110_092331.jpg
20201110_092222.jpg

CM-Fan

I really want to see the end result of this project - best of luck with it. I would have to use an artificial tree and leave it up forever.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.