Champ Decal or other: Need Help Looking for...

Alcomotive

Grandson of an ALCO Builder
Hey guys!

I am looking for decals for Union Pacific... do you remember the MOPAC The 'Canaries'

As the merger between the MoPac and Union Pacific was finalized, the "Jenks Blue" paint scheme was replaced by UP's "canary yellow" with the name "Missouri Pacific" in block-lettering on the sides. Gradually this was replaced with the Union Pacific name in MoPac style block-lettering. After a few short years UP repainted over any remaining MoPac owned engines with it's own name/lettering.

Well my quest IS NOT decals for these guys BUT it for WESTERN PACIFIC!

UP did one unit....that is right 1 unit in the UP paint scheme but with red lettering with black outline using "Western Pacific". All I need is the UP red lettering and vlack outline to make up the UP style letters. I have the unit
number already.

December 1982
Union Pacific merged with Missouri Pacific and Western Pacific. The first WP
locomotive to be painted in UP yellow and gray was GP40 3532, lettered as
Western Pacific in UP's gothic style red lettering, with black edging. WP
3532 was renumbered and relettered to UP 680 in December 1983. The first ex
WP unit to receive full UP paint and lettering as GP40 3509, completed as UP
658 in November 1983. Several others were completed during December. The
last ex WP unit, wrecked GP35 3020, was completed as UP 798 in February

So any help would appreciated in gettin the lettering! Thanks!

No luck on the decal here, but I do have a photo I saved on my HDD of that first unit.

WP 3532 Decals

Say Alco,

I do have the WP 3532 - UP Scheme decals available from Microscale MC 4338.
These are Red with Black edging. They list for $4.00 a sheet plus shipping.
I can get you a bit of a discount, $3.50 plus postage & mailer depending on how my supplier sends them to me.

I'd appreciate your order Alco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say Alco,

I do have the WP 3532 - UP Scheme decals available from Microscale MC 4338.
These are Red with Black edging. They list for $4.00 a sheet plus shipping.
I can get you a bit of a discount, $3.50 plus postage & mailer depending on how my supplier sends them to me.

I'd appreciate your order Alco.

Well I would like 2 packs!
Tell me what I need to by PM and we'll gitr done! Thanks for your help!

Thanks to all that replied too!

Wow you guys are good here...once again my goto guys come thru for me! this is the reason why I came here and stayed! This my home site!

This is really the wrong forum for this thread. This forum is for questions and info about the ModelRailroadForums.com itself.

This would probably be better suited in the general forums, or perhaps the project forums. :)

Rotor

rotor are you a moderator of this forum?

I guess I should have put this under Painting, Detailing and Weathering in the Project Room of the forum but I do not see any harm in the general discussions either.

If you are a MOD feel free to move this...

Alco...I don't think I posted that here...that post was a response to something that was posted in "Forum Help and Information".

No offense intended, Alco. :)

Rotor

Last edited by a moderator:
None taken...either way if a Mod needs to move this have at it... I hate not being able to make corrections like this.

Back