Caught with your pants down!

funnelfan

My dad has been a life long hunter, so I made this little diorama for him as a Christmas gift. A hunter has his pants down and gun out of reach when a bear walks out of the woods. An amused buck looks on from his hiding spot.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's a great little diorama! I had a similar scene on a layout back in the early 80's. The Woodland Scenics Bare Hunter kit is a popular one.

Great! I don't have that scene, but out in the alley, behind one of the buildings on Main Street, Galesburg, are a group of gents kneeling down, watching "them rattlin' bones". (Where's Nathan Detroit?) About a block away a cop is directing traffic around a street repair. Good thing the constable's busy...

At the station, a small crowd has gathered (more people will come later...whenever I get a chance to either buy them or paint the unpainted package of people). It's 1948, and President Harry Truman is riding on the rear platform of the Ferdinand Magellan, with Bess and an aide. The whistle-stop campaign for Truman's run for re-election is under way. A man is standing with a boy on his shoulders. Even though the man is a staunch Republican and will vote for Thomas Dewey, he feels his six-year-old son should see the President. (We probably didn't get within 100 yards with the crowd between us and the President, but I remember it well to this day.) Took a lot of searching to find a man dressed in a suit, with a hat in his hand, and the boy (me) on his shoulders in HO scale. (Wish I could scale my age back there!)

Jim and Ed, two hunters, are in their tent one night and hear a bear rustling in their camp ground. Jim starts putting his shoes on.

Ed says, "Jim! You can't outrun a bear!"

Jim replies, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you."

Great diorama! Thanks for sharing :)

Looks great Ted!
Something like that happened to a friend of mine, but with wolves!

Ted,Years ago I use to hunt and I never allowed myself to be caught off guard like that poor hunter..:eek:

I always keep my hunting weapon of choice (usually a .410 single or double)within reach.

Back