Cascade Sub Photos

B_Kosanda

I had a day off today and spent a little time taking some photos of the layout. Most of the track is ballasted now, so the appearance is much improved.

Photo #1 - A train exits tunnel 8 headed down hill. Sound equipped locos have dynamic brake sounds and this unit has a Digitrax sound module which produces a really nice dynamic brake sound effect.

Photo #2 - A little further down hill, the train crosses the west switch at Fields (still no signals in place yet).

Photo #3 - A slow moving train pushing up hill toward Fields.

Bill

One thing I noticed about these photos is that they are a little grainy. This may be because I shot them in Aperture Priority with the aperture closed down to F8.0. Other photos with the camera in Auto mode do not produce this effect, but there is usually less depth of field.

Hey bill im glad your happy with your Digitrax sound! I love mine! But tomorrow night im going to have to change the horn since its has a 5 chimer rather that the K3LA included in the sound project.

Bill -
Fantastic layout photos - looks like you need to talk with the folks at Model Railroader for a submission!

Too bad you are all the way in the mid-west, I bet it would be a hoot to operate a session on it.

Lemme know when you are due back to Pengra Pass - We are back down there on Dec 7-10 -

Back