Carl Arendt

To those who follow Carls Small Layout Scrapbook site, and are wondering why it hasn't been updated, it falls to me to relay this sad news.
I have just had an email from Carls wife and she has asked me to pass on the following message. Carl is under hospice care and is not expected to live very long, which is why there has been no update. I do know that there are several people out there who are interested in hosting the website and continuing his work, but I have no idea how we go about doing that - an email to me chacmool at lineone dot netwould be appreciated if you know what would need to be done, although whether there will be anyone at that end who knows how the site is hosted I know not, and this isn't the time to ask.
I know your thoughts will be with him, but if you want to pass on condolences it would be preferable if you could post on here, rather than inundating his wife with emails
. I will pass them on as either a link that she can read them or as a block
Thanks
Jack

I'm a big fan of Carl's work, sorry to hear this.
My condolences to his family.

It may be a small comfort to his wife in the days and months ahead if she could read all the good wishes for her own pleasure when the time comes to remember all he did, and for his pleasure while he is still able to communicate and appreciate how people remember him and wish them both well.

Perhaps a communication to them with a link to this site and thread would help?

I am sorry to learn of this development, and wish to express my regret. God love them both.

My only experience of Carl Arendt is through his delightful Small Layout Scrapbook. I've spent many happy hours being inspired by the beauty of his collection of hundreds of tiny layouts from all over the world.

Carl, you have made this world a better place through your work, and I do hope that someone else will carry on the legacy of goodness that you have created so that you will continue to live in the joy you have brought to others.

God bless you... :)

Greg

Update 24 March 2011

Current situation
The pages have been reloaded into the carendt.us address, The Carendt.com address may be permanently broken - but that is still being worked on. please note that the guy who is dealing with that end is doing it voluntarily in his own time - he also has a living to earn.
Future
The site will stay where it is for the moment, but may need to be moved to a new server, possibly with mirror sites available at a date in the future. There will be a further update if this is going to happen - Thanks everybody, and can I pass on the thanks of his family.
Best
Jack

If anyone here appreciates what Carl has done, they can do something to support the loved ones he left behind by purchasing his book "Small Layout Scrapbook"...

41oa197aGkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

It's in stock and available at Amazon.com.

Greg

Update 27 March 2011

Both sites are back up on line - thanks to Jonathan, and the front pages of the Scrapbooks have been changed to tell those who don't know why the usual updates haven't taken place - and yes, a surprising number of people still haven't heard that he is no longer with us. At this time there are no plans to continue updates - although who can say what the future may hold?
Jack

Back