Can't complain about LHS ...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Hey guys,

We have all complained about poor service etc etc etc from LHS but how about this ...

On the the 15th of August, I got one of those Roll Off dumpster bin things from a local company (Lippincotts to be exact).
When the bin was finally delivered, the driver was told to collect it the following Saturday (the 22nd).

After an additional 2 phone calls and one email to this mob, telling them to get their bin out of my driveway, it is still here and have heard nothing from them.

Don't think any LHS, Model Railway Business is this inconsiderate, indifferent or bad.

G'day Tony....DISAPPOINTING...Simply not good enough by any standard for your annoying predicament..How about this one from an online seller ...I bought some dual band UHF/VHF handhelds..Asked for Australia Post shipping as my delivery option..Then I got a message from the seller that he had dispatched via a Courier company...After two emails he gave me a tracking number that told me No Events Found. I contacted the courier and they bent over backwards to help me even though it had nothing to do with them ..Another couple of email requests later I was told "Sorry it's the Chinese National Holiday no-one here for 9 days will answer then "...I contacted a resolution centre who found out that the Courier company was Fastrack not the one the seller claimed so I sent them an email ..Next day I got a phone call from them to tell me they had passed on my package to (get this) Australia Post...as they have no Tasmanian service..Still not here after paying for 9 days ago but the lady I spoke to said it should be by mid week this week. Once again quick efficient and caring help By comparison though..still no answer yet from the seller..Really disappointed with the China based Customer Service.. from the sellers worldwide service...Even more strange is the items were in the Sydney warehouse and if they'd been posted the next day after payment I would have got them by Friday last week .Hmmmmm.......Cheers Rod..

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodney,

I have only bought one thing from Asia and that was my "micro video cam". I was fairly fortunate I think as it arrived in a fairly good time frame. The one thing I did notice though was the lack of communication and information regarding the shipping, it was very obscure.

While I have you, how is the "Club" going? Have you had any success with forming it?

Hey guys,

We have all complained about poor service etc etc etc from LHS but how about this ...

On the the 15th of August, I got one of those Roll Off dumpster bin things from a local company (Lippincotts to be exact).
When the bin was finally delivered, the driver was told to collect it the following Saturday (the 22nd).

After an additional 2 phone calls and one email to this mob, telling them to get their bin out of my driveway, it is still here and have heard nothing from them.

Don't think any LHS, Model Railway Business is this inconsiderate, indifferent or bad.

Sounds like an invitation to get your moneys worth, if it is full and you have more stuff to pitch away, BURN it out and fill it AGAIN!

I like that idea! :D However, would rather get the damn thing out of my drive so I can put my car back.

I know the feeling. We had one of those last summer and as nice as it was to get all that stuff out of here, it WAS a pain getting around the thing! Now I look around and see I should have had em bring it back for 1 more load. I'll just fill the shed AGAIN and next spring try to talk 'her' into getting another one. If she wants more chickens it will be easy, she will want the shed cleared out and the only way to do that is with a 'bin'! (THINKIN, oooll the toim!) LOL!

We have had a number of dumpsters during the summer with out renovations. We are on out 4th right now. We had no problem with ours. When we were ready to have one emptied they were out before the day we needed a new one. Great service. Hopefully the last one will be gone within a few weeks.

We have had a number of dumpsters during the summer with out renovations. We are on out 4th right now. We had no problem with ours. When we were ready to have one emptied they were out before the day we needed a new one. Great service. Hopefully the last one will be gone within a few weeks.

I had no complaints with 'ours' the guy had to do some fancy backing up around some trees to put it where I wanted him too. Had to lower it half way and 'swing' it to get it in there, snatched it out the same way! Some gouges in the lawn were no big deal, MONGO IMPRESSED!

Well - spent this morning speaking with my lawyer and the Sheriff's department regarding my position, legally. Unbeknownst to me, my lawyers office called Lippincots and, remarkably, they NOW seem to want to collect the thing - I wonder why??????? :rolleyes:

G'day Tony and all......Still no radios , no reply either from the seller but so glad your issue is on the way to being fixed... About time..
Second thing re: the club ..I didn't end up running the ad a second time but will again soon...have two others who showed interest but the school where I work want me to do a Christmas train on the last week of the school year in December..There will be lots of people around that time for Presentation/ Graduation Day so seeing a train or two running might get more interested...Cheers Rod...

Well, despite being told by my attorney's office to retrieve this damn bin and this companies "claims" that they would by the end of business yesterday, it is still in my drive way.

BCK RR - yep, there is a solution alright, and it is one that Lippincott's will NOT like. No more games, no more time give, or being patient with this mob.

Montanan,

Yep, I did - I actually gave that a great deal of thought and it was a serious consideration had I been able to get someone to "drag it". The downside to that may have been that I would have been held responsible for "obstructing a county road.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from the owner of Lippincott's who made a number of allegations, none of which were accurate and the most out right lies. I let him "waffle on" and, once he had finished his little spiel, told him okay no problem I will be commencing a civil suit against him this morning.

As you can tell, I am sick of taking "crap" from business's around here and am adopting the American Mentality of litigation to get things done.

Remarkably, the owner turned up this evening and gave me a bill that was $100 less than the original quote and removed the thing. You don't take 33% of a bill if you believe you are in the right, pure and simple. They were wrong, they knew it, and we came out of it on the "right side" of the balance sheet.

Rodney,

Any sign of your radio equipment yet?

I have used roll-offs many times over the years. Its often a bit of a chore to get them picked up as you generally get charged for the number of days you have it. The biggest issue I have had the last couple times is that we have alot of folks that will go around digging through people's garbage looking for scrap metal or sale-able items. We have had to have one guy arrested and trepassed off our property and another one threatened my wife after she told him to get out of the dumpster and off the property.

Makes me glad I just have a dumpster all the time and pay flat monthly for it. I'll admit there are some months it is under-utilized but yard debris, fallen limbs, shipping boxes and whatnot mean it's worth the extra $22 per month for this private company over the city's small containers over all. I've never had problems with dumpster-divers, but mine is in the city with a security light right over it.

Good on you, Tony, for standing up to their crap. Even when I've needed extra dumps and so forth during some heavy remodeling I've never had any complaints whatsoever about my company. They've always been very prompt and professional. Sounds like those guys you're dealing with could take some lessons from my guys.

Glad you got it taken care of. I was going to start suggesting some more extreme measures like sell it for scrap and say someone stole it!

Yay for Tony. Glad it sorted out in your favor.
Tony where did you order the micro video cam from?

Thanks Guys,

I have to admit that it does get me annoyed having to resort to such things.

Lynn,

With regards the Micro Cam - all I can recall is that I found it on the internet from an Asian Company for something like $12, give or take. I think it may have been from a place called alibaba.com or similar. I will try to dig up the box it came in and give you the full name of it though.

Back