Camera Recomendations - for Model Railroading Photos

Video Cameras, recommendations ?

I need to come back and read thru this subject thread, but right at this moment,.. not enough time.

Fujifilm FinePix S700
I've been using one of these for a number of years, and with its macro, and super macro I've gooten some really nicely detailed photos of trains I placed for sale on the internet, and forum posting pics.

Video Cameras?
What sort of cameras do many folks use to record videos? Are the inexpensive 'camcorders' pretty good?? I see a good number of them on Amazon in the 50-100 range.

Model Railroader just had an article about using a cellphone camera to take layout photos. They came out really well in my opinion. There are tripod holders for various brands of smartphones out there. You could try that. Plus they are a phone, computer, and a model railroad throttle (JMRI, phone application, Digital command control and computer attached to DCC system required).

I'm still working with my no longer new camera and I'm finding out different features and ways to use the camera. I'll post some photographs soon and maybe a video.

A real learning curve, far more complicated than a Brownie Box camera.

Greg

I'm still working with my no longer new camera and I'm finding out different features and ways to use the camera. I'll post some photographs soon and maybe a video.

A real learning curve, far more complicated than a Brownie Box camera.
It is possible to put it into Brownie Box mode. Off the top of my head I would have said set it to ASA-64, F11, and a shutter speed of 1/30 sec and go to town.

However a simple search and I find that apparently there were many types of Brownie's with different settings - http://www.brownie-camera.com/tech.shtml.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Horseman: Finding the film for my old Brownies' could be problem. Years ago, one camera had film in it for at least 10 years and my mother had it developed and pictures developed fine.

Yes, I can use that camera setting on my Cannon if I remember correctly.

Greg

Back