Buying from Trainz

oplholik

Looking at a locomotive on ebay from Trainz. Anyone dealt with them before? Did you have a good expierence with them? Thanks.

What is his "Feedback" score ?
Click on the number next to his name and look at his track record of replies back from his buyers.

I don't know, can't the google ratings be faked by someone with a computer and a lot of spare time? I think that ebay feedback would be a bit more reliable since the person would actually have to buy the item to leave feedback.

I will never again buy something from them and advice anyone who hasn't yet to stay away. They have horrible business practices and all the negative feedback on eBay is to be taken seriously. There are hundreds of reports of them selling items and then saying they are out of stock a few days later even though there site shows them on-hand or switching them with another product.

A couple months ago they listed a pair of Kato Unitrack #6 switches for $21+shipping. Thinking it was to good to be true I sent a e-mail asking if that was the correct price and if the on-hand was correct (listed around 200). I got a response saying yes and yes on both accounts. Well I placed a order for 10 sets and sent payment. About 2 days later I got a e-mail saying they were sorry but they were out of stock and not getting any more in. Two more days and I received a refund finally.

As much as that pissed me off (it still showed 150+ on-hand when I ordered) the real kicker was the next day they listed the exact same thing for $21 for a single switch! Apparently they did this to a whole bunch of people around the same time on a few different items, set a real low price initially and then said they didn't have the items even though they were re-listed at higher prices within a day.

They seem to be a very dishonest place and there are a lot of other vendors who you can get better prices through with much better people working there.

Back