Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

NO WAY are you "scraping the bottom". JIM, there is so much detail in your photographs that you could move the camera six inches either side and present a whole new perspective!

TOOT, I have not heard that term, jigger, except in the bartending scene?

Hey Toot: I got two Brownies in the Packer Room. It's funny that when I was 16 or 17 my Mother found the second camera in my Grandmother's belongings. My Dad checked the camera and there was film still in the camera. My Mother took to a camera shop and they developed the film.

On the film there were pictures of myself and Grandfather walking along a sidewalk or outside their home when I three or at the most barely four years old. All those years and the film remained okay after 12 or 13 years in storage.

The Brownie was the only camera my Grandparents ever owned.

I often thought about doing some photos of the layout using a Brownie.

Greg

TOOT, I have not heard that term, jigger, except in the bartending scene?
Looking it up on Google images, where a name for them was attached to the picture, apart from one Canadian steam powered example, the others were all New Zealand based.

The Brownie was the only camera my Grandparents ever owned.
My parents got one when they made their second trip to NZ in the mid 1930's from Britain. They originally came out on assisted passage (10 British Pounds), met and married out there, but went back after a few years. The camera, though simple, took excellent black and white pictures and they told me they had several offers to buy it from other passengers who had more expensive ones, because of that. Plain rectangular box with 2 viewfinders placed at 1 corner, that you looked down into, so you could take either vertical or horizontal pics. I used it in the late '40's and early 50's to take photos of locos and parts of locos, when it was possible to just walk through a hole in the fence at the Auckland engine sheds and wander around. Wish I still had'em. And it.

I've been out on sick leave. Better a bit now. Here is my "last" photo concerning this last layout: Limestone Canyon. That said, I intend to post my top 10 all time photos, and that will end this thread. (unless one of you want to take it over!)

2019-11-20 Long view green (2).jpg

Back