Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Sorry TC not until 200,000 views! Posts are nice but nearly half are mine. Should be in March. Check on the HO Forum home page and you can see the count. Thanks for the inquiry. Jim:eek:

Update photo on the turntable. Almost finished with the scene. Jim:)

IMG_6012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
psych, Yes, all scratch built. It is built in S scale so that my smallest On30 locos will look ok. Still looks a bit big to me, but what do I know? It is built of balsa wood because it is easier to age and put scoring on the ends and sides. I want a look that says 60 years old. Fun project. Jim:)

Contest in 9500 more views. 200,000!!!!!

Jim, I really like the finished turntable. The border around the turntable that is just outside the circular half track, is that to simulate a rock wall or large timbers? I appreciate your attention to detail. Very realistic. Fits in nicely with a rustic railroad setting. - Chris

Chris, The walk/push boards are not in place at this time. Still need to put down tracks and scenery. Boards last. Jim:)

Glad you are Mike! But participation here is not required. Folks come and go at their own pace and I think, hope, that is as it should be. I'm selling nothing so all can come and go as they please. I do find it interesting that some of the folks that are "new" and seem very excited tend to disappear never to be heard from again??? I'm wondering if they were model railroaders in the first place? I know economics and family life can play havoc with modelers new and old. I will admit that this Southern Division is not presenting much in the way of 'new' modeling tips and techniques, nature of the beast. Once I get across the stream and finish this right side of the layout I think folks will perk up to something new in my scenery endeavors. Jim:)

P.S. The contest, of course, is simply my way of saying thanks to anyone who visits here and something different to enjoy.

Hi Jim,
Ok, so I’ve just been lurking - that is my nature. If I posted every time I see something great you have done, you would be over the 200,000 mark already! Like so many others, family and work get in the way of my modeling time and age seems to be getting in the way of my energy. Anyway, how’s the back? You mention it seldom now, so I hope things are a little better. Diverticulitis under control? (Sorry Jim, but this old Doc wants to know these things).
I’m truly amazed with the scratch built turntable.Outstanding job!!!!!!!! I’m finishing up some craftsman buildings with scale size LED fixtures and lighting as that is my true love at present.
I’ll be lurking.

David

Dr. David, The Diverticulitis is under control. The major back muscle pain is almost gone. The regular lumbar pain will never go away, but that muscle pain was terrible.

The more I look at the turntable the more I think I should build an HO model. This one is S scale and bugs me a bit. Because the back muscle pain is virtually gone I've been able to lay roadbed around the left side of the layout. Because of reach issues I really have to stretch out so I only do a short job at a time against the backdrop areas. Join it the Contest they are fun. Jim:)

I'm planning to try the contest. When I went through the complete thread, I enjoyed trying the contests. Don't think I'll be a threat to the regulars, though.

David

David, High marks to you for going through the whole thing! Thanks.

Here is a photo taken a few minutes ago. Getting the storage tracks in the yard weighted down and mixing yard ballast. I've taken three days to get a yard mix I think is right. Jim :)

IMG_6044.JPG

Great work ! I understand your aches pains and OMG's! I have mine too. My progect has slowed down the last few days, but I expect it will pick up soon. Best wishes chum, seriously.

I did get a Bachmann 2-8-0 Consolation today, I will do a review as soon as I am able, tackage wise. Oh... $49.50 plus 9.50 shipping, that's a whole $59.00 less than half of $159.95 plus tax or whatever it was at the LHC. (sorry no memory, to many meds today)

Jim, That is quite a deal. Well done. We will look forward to your review. Minimum radius would be nice knowledge to have. Jim:)

Back