Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I have 2 books of Kinsey's photo's and a large scrapbook filled with others of his. He was an amazing resource and had a true interest in the area, time, and people.

Steve

Cloudy morning so far here in San Diego which puts the correct light for photos coming through my skylight. Here's one I took about 10 minutes ago.
Wharf.jpg

You may notice I moved my desklamp to the other side of the room for this one. Jim:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a road trip eariler in this week. The unrelenting shades of green of Western Washington were broken up by the bloomin' Scotch Broom.
Just happened to come up with the makings for it.....fine lichen on the trees at mom's place and left overs from my 80s stint of modeling airplanes.....cheep is gud, but free is better.. .......
attachment.php

Thanks Sherrel and Toot.

JPIII, Scotch broom. It never bothered me but when I lived in Seattle many folks felt its wrath. Jim :)

Here's a welcome back photo for the On30 folks. (I know you're out there) Jim
13-05-23 On30.jpg

Here's a welcome back photo for the On30 folks. (I know you're out there) Jim
On30Action3_zpseb2fdc1a.jpg
Jim, that larger tankcar.....tank strapped to the flatcar gave me an idea. I have two perfect donor cars to use to scratch-bash one like yours in that photo. That could be my first custom built car! I am crazy.....no? :cool:

Railfan, Absolutely! If we would just look in our junk boxes we could probably come up with all sorts of stuff. On30 is a pretty liberal scale when it comes to "correctness." This is not bad. While most railroad cars on the mainlines where pretty much established (controlled) by 1921. For the most part what was on the tracks of lower class and private roads wasn't controlled very closely. Most anything goes. Jim:)

JPIII, I think you need to slow down a bit! Jim:eek:

I'll be up that way again next week......I'll stop and get a decent photo (for me) of the thing. I think that thing is about 400 yards from the road so a stop would give me a better size estimate/perspective......either way, it's a BFR atop a snag by some loggers with a sense of humor.

Sequim to Vancouver is a long boring haul and I had slowed down from my "road warrior' days till now. A little old man in a pick-up slow.
Speeds have been creepin' up again........

JPIII. Why do you have to go Sequim again? That's a tough drive. Looks like a 'cherry picker' or something got the object on top of the stump. Jim:confused:

The goodie on top is a big freakin 'rock....bout 6-8 feet across per my eyeball. There were/are more of em.....bout 10, I understand.

My sister & I have put my mom in a nursing home in Sequim ( where my sister lives). Mom got to the point where she could not (or would not) get out of bed. She was living alone at nearly 94 yrs old and 70lbs.......not feeding herself hardly to boot. The home has a rehab program and mom is doing pretty well considering.

MAYBE we can get her back on her feet and back home (in Kingston, WA).....but that is just one option. Some one has to take care of her place (10 acres) at least a few days a week. There is a huge amount of work to be done after the place was let go for several years....good rehab for me to boot.

Her vital signs are good but I fear she is loosing the will to live. For me, it's all about payback.

Steve, 94 years old! Good for her. Best of luck and wishes for you both.

Steve, 'Dakotalove39' Glad to have you aboard and thanks for those links. I like the T-boiler, but I'm wondering if it is HOn3? Anyway, if I had the money I would buy it. I hope you are getting some good info from the thread and you, of course, are welcome to participate as you wish. Jim:)

Well, after looking around this thread atleast five times..

Some of you may be interested in these little Climax engines. (Not mine, just found it)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Climax-Clas...458080?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53f9c0f560

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-STEAM-EN...686842?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item257e1e063a

I'm interested but bucks down. Were I bucks up I'd have jumped on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-BRASS-We...PnZ7NgaSXlJXf9%2B7PmE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I already already have a highly kit bashed box cab and all the stuff to re-motor & convert to DCC on my to do list. My only diesel.

(Edit)

This has been re-listed at a reduced price. Were I in the hunt, ya'll wouldn't be reading this here.:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-BRASS-We...816477?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item1e7bc96a9d

Back