Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Yes Erik, they will fit fine into my lumber merchant scene and as car loads. :)

Ah -- I misinterpreted -- thought you were going to build something using them as structural components!

But, I'm guessing one actually could do that, as long as they didn't have to be load-bearing....

I thought that after looking at all the clips again, but thought there may have been one that I missed.

Thanks for the reply - Yes, the sound is remarkable -- most are not that good. (to me anywhoo)

Enjoyed the video as usual Alan, but I didn't hear any horn signals during the movements. Is it broke ???

I plead old age.......

Meanwhile, Santa Fe freights ready to go

atsf1.jpg

atsf2.jpg

atsf3.jpg

Amazing how much action in such a small space. Love those ubiquitous covered "mystery" loads.

Sakes alive, Alan, Your getting top heavy with all that SF power. That B23-7 really has nice sound - and the horn works .. lol.
So much railroading in a small space - very nice planning on your part, and the details are amazing.

Sakes alive, Alan, Your getting top heavy with all that SF power. That B23-7 really has nice sound - and the horn works .. lol.
So much railroading in a small space - very nice planning on your part, and the details are amazing.

Weeeell..... Yes, but cannot resist my favourite railroad!

What we do is have different eras. For Andersley Western and Montana Central the time is early seventies.

Then CRRC (Curtis Railroad Corporation - parent company of AW and MC) is eighties along with the Santa Fe locomotives. Some surviving AW and MC locos can run at this time also.

I am considering another (current) timescale, where CRRC still runs but with additions of ex-Santa Fe dash 8's or similar, still in ATSF red/silver, patched for CRRC. This would give me an excuse to have superfleet colours on the layout just cover the BNSF patch with CRRC but leave Santa Fe on the sides..

All we need to do is get more freightcars for the particular era.

Well, what is the use of having a freelance railroad if you cannot choose the rules? ;)

Tried a different camera for this last video, not so good as my phone! Seemed to have difficulty with focus and lighting conditions. Main difficulty is trying to operate and video at the same time! ;)

Back