Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Thanks for the update and photos Alan. Saw them on my phone over the weekend and wanted to see them on a larger screen. The additional staging extension will make a big difference for operations. Well done. Thumb up.gif

Nice videos Alan. Always enjoy them. It has been interesting to have watched your layout progress into an outstanding looking layout. Plenty of switching to keep you busy. Keep the updates coming.

A veritable visual feast Alan. That extra trackage has certainly opened up the range of operations.

I was wondering if you were alright as I haven't seen you on the forum. Thanks for checking in and good luck on the extension. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Finally got around to taking some pics and videos.

First a video circuit of the whole layout
[video=youtube_share;Wah44KXifOQ]https://youtu.be/Wah44KXifOQ[/video]

The left hand track is the yard lead, next is the track which will become the cement loader when I get the facility built
circuit1.jpg

The new through yard
circuit2.jpg

Other end of the through yard
circuit3.jpg

A new searchlight signal is being installed to protect the grade crossing. A bi-colour LED is used to switch from red to green
circuit4.jpg

The grade crossing, still under construction, has crossing flasher lights installed. On the far side will be a dummy set as they can not be viewed so no need to light them!

circuit5.jpg

Looking from the grade crossing onto the layout. The "main line" track throughout is ballasted with "new" ballast, to make it stand out from the sidings
circuit6.jpg

Looking back from the layout mtowards the new road crossing curving to the left
circuit7.jpg

The changes have allowed much more variety in running. Trains can arrive/depart in both directions, representing different destinations. The original 'new' yard is now an interchange yard with the Montana Central and Burlington Northern. Can also clear the main to let a through train pass. Way freights can drop off and pick up cars in either direction.

Looking real nice Alan. It sure has expanded for what you originally had. The details are excellent. Well done.

Back