Broadway Limited Locos (and I'm now poor)

Do the N scale BLI's have the same "on the fly" sound volume adjustment as their HO cousins? i.e. double clicking like a mouse of the F8 key to adjust the volume up and down through several steps (8 from top to bottom and back up again in HO) A press and hold for a second or 2 of F8 will silence the sound like most other brands.

Do the N scale BLI's have the same "on the fly" sound volume adjustment as their HO cousins? i.e. double clicking like a mouse of the F8 key to adjust the volume up and down through several steps (8 from top to bottom and back up again in HO) A press and hold for a second or 2 of F8 will silence the sound like most other brands.

Yeah, I've already figured all that out, and just turned the sound off. Sounds like I'll probably have to manually turn it off each time I fire things up unless there's a CV to actually disable sound. Haven't dug that far into it yet.

I don't know exactly which model but it looks like something out of Dr Zhivago! Impressive as can be!
Hmmm, this was my first thought -> http://www.brasstrains.com/Classic/...-10-0-Russian-Decapod-1618-Custom-NOT-RUNNING But they don't remind me of Dr Zhivago. These were actually ordered by the Russian Railroad but then the revolution happened and prevented them from being delivered. So they were re-gauged to American standard gauge and sold to American railroads. Hence the name "Russian".

Go ahead and git that Texas Steamer! You bet!
$749 is a bit rich for my blood. Now if I could find a clearance deal like the E units -- topic of this thread -- it would be a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, this was my first thought -> http://www.brasstrains.com/Classic/...-10-0-Russian-Decapod-1618-Custom-NOT-RUNNING But they don't remind me of Dr Zhivago. These were actually ordered by the Russian Railroad but then the revolution happened and prevented them from being delivered. So they were re-gauged to American standard gauge and sold to American railroads. Hence the name "Russian".

$749 is a bit rich for my blood. Now if I could find a clearance deal like the E units -- topic of this thread -- it would be a different story.

Ya, that's not it, these things have the large plates on the sides, I call em "cheek plates" cause that's what they look like. My Bachman 4-8-4 has a similar look but not quite like them 'Russian' ones do.

Found it.
imagesCCCP.jpgThat train is BADAZZ!

Back