BLI USRA Light Mikado-whats the hold up?!

kevin303

easing back into it.
i've had one of these on order at my local hobby shop for 2 years now,keep getting told they're delayed. anyone know why?

Ummmm, I think that's BLI's standard marketing practice. I think they offer a model, wait to see how many people actually put money down on it, if there are enough they begin drafting up plans, find a producer, then build them. If not enough buyers, they sit on the deposits anyway, collecting interest. I think the information released to the public is that there is a problem with the paint or a handrail is wrong, so the models have to go back to south east Asia for changes so it looks like they really care but in reality, nothing is even being built.

Since the mikados are re-runs, all they would have to do is produce them. So, while the theory posted above might be true on new releases, I don't think that would be the case this time. Especially since I have three BLI Mikados in both light and heavy versions sitting on a shelf at home, including the latest run from last summer.

all the manufacturers are having problems with china it seems & noboby is delievering like they say ... NOBODY:mad:

Who is putting 'deposits' on items on pre-order?!! You can pre-order at Factory Direct Trains for the horse-choking sum of one red cent...a penny. Even if they get 2000 such agreements, the interest on it won't be enough to entice a reluctant manufacturer or its builder to launch into a project. Not even over a decade's worth of years of waiting.

Ummmm, I think that's BLI's standard marketing practice. I think they offer a model, wait to see how many people actually put money down on it, if there are enough they begin drafting up plans, find a producer, then build them. If not enough buyers, they sit on the deposits anyway, collecting interest. I think the information released to the public is that there is a problem with the paint or a handrail is wrong, so the models have to go back to south east Asia for changes so it looks like they really care but in reality, nothing is even being built.

BLI does NOT require a deposit or any sort of pre-payment for a pre-order.

BLI has been putting stuff on the back burner for a while now. I'm not surprised if someone announced takes a decade before it is finally released.

For example, the Paragon 2 SW1500s were a good idea, but Athearn retooled their SW1500s for the RTR line at the time, so BLI's SW1500 was put on the back burner with a delivery date that changes every year to the year after. Back when the BLI forums were up, I asked for a sound sample and was told that there was none and the model hadn't even been tooled yet, and the sound recordings were one of the final steps.

Back