BLI finally going DCC ready.

Yes, they tend to do that!
Most of my family doesn't understand it - their opinion why waste your time sitting in a room playing with trains and building stuff ?????????
My response - hmm well, why do you sit on your rs for hours a night playing idiotic and violent video games? I'm learning things, wood work, electronics, soldering - what are learning? How to be violent?

Generally doesn't go over that well :)

My wife on the other hand, if something arrives in the mail that isn't a bill her first reaction is "More trains stuff?" At least she smiles when she say's it :)

Anyway - am looking forward to these BLI Engines coming out free of sound.

Has anything been stated regarding what they will offer specifically?

DC engines,
DC engines DCC Ready,
DCC (no sound) Engines?

Sorry, I may have missed seeing that info if it has already been stated.

Currently, "DCC ready" means it will have a standard connection for the decoder of your choice. HO scale will likely be a 21 pin, N scale will probably be a Next-18.

It is more about the way the decoder is mounted in the engine and the room that there is. I wont buy one until TCS comes up with a decoder :) Yeah, there are others I know but I won't buy digitrax (period) ESU is great and I would love one if they made one without sound to drop the cost. Tsunami top end decoders are okay as well, but compared to TCS (last time I looked) were more expensive. :)
That could be a long wait :)

Maybe, and if I have to wait then so be it. My first preference of engine is Kato any way - I just can't afford (realistically) the price they want for a Sound engine, which is why I went BLI if I wanted sound :)

Well then - will definitely give them a look. Seems like price isn't too bad either around the $70 (US) mark and $110 (AUD) there abouts.

Back