BLI finally going DCC ready.

migalyto

Saw this a couple of days ago. Thought I would share it for those that hadn't heard yet.

This is great news!

This is from their Facebook post:

Happy Friday and Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!
Yes it is true, we are bringing back our Stealth Series to our new run of Paragon locomotives! We know you have many questions so we are going to make an official announcement one week from today answering those questions. This will include prices, which models will it be offered in, features, etc.

That's just ridiculous, no one in their right mind would pay that much for an engine for a hobby - well maybe Rod Stewart, but no normally sane person :)

I'm just glad I model N Scale - I don't think there are any engines, Diesel or Steam that ridiculously priced - not even Kato with DCC and Sound and a Kobo paint job :)

That's just ridiculous, no one in their right mind would pay that much for an engine for a hobby - well maybe Rod Stewart, but no normally sane person :)

I'm just glad I model N Scale - I don't think there are any engines, Diesel or Steam that ridiculously priced - not even Kato with DCC and Sound and a Kobo paint job :)

Response is still the same ... ridiculous if you buy direct from BLI or pay those prices. Like so many things - greed will price them out of the market eventually.
The new Kato Big Boy with Dcc/sound is going to be $500

Wont be getting that either then :)

Kato has always been a bit high with their engines fitted with DCC and Sound. I'd prefer to buy their DCC ready engines for under $100 and spend $50 - $60 on a TCS decoder and fit it myself for under $200. Not really fussed about sound.

Most likely they are seeing sales fall off, now that DCC/sound are over $500. Removing the decoder lowers the price instantly by around $100.
They sent out a survey about 3 months or so(you might have seen it) Several of the questions pertained to DCC ready vs Paragon .

I'm sure this probably had something to do with the decision.

Not sure where you are shopping Terry but Midwest has BLI Paragon 4 DCC/w Sound for under $300 ... and they are on sale down to $243. Heck at those prices, I might even invest in a couple of new DCC with Sound engines :)
OK, where was this ???

I wonder if that decision is based upon the trouble they're having with the paragon4 decoder.
BLI went to ESU for decoders for a while before the P4 and prior to that were the Paragon 3, 2 and the QSI decoders.

@Smudge617

Right here mate:

And HO Scale:

As you can see - DC Engines under $100. Do your own DCC install and you have a good cheap DCC engine. Obviously Sound makes it a bit more.

I wonder if that decision is based upon the trouble they're having with the paragon4 decoder.
BLI went to ESU for decoders for a while before the P4 and prior to that were the Paragon 3, 2 and the QSI decoders.
Did they offer the Stealth models at one time?

Their press release says were bringing them back. I don't ever remember a DCC ready version.

@Smudge617

Right here mate:

And HO Scale:

As you can see - DC Engines under $100. Do your own DCC install and you have a good cheap DCC engine. Obviously Sound makes it a bit more.

Back